We are often asked the same questions so have complied a list to help answer the main ones.
- Will CBD get me high ? No CBD is 100% non-psychoactive which means it doesn’t negatively impact your mind or mental process.
- Is it safe ? Yes a quality CBD from a reputable source is non toxic and considered safe, reports have shown long term use with even very high doses as 1000mg per day have produced no ill effects.
- What Dose/strength should I start with ? When starting CBD it is best to start with a lower dose and work up if needed, first the higher the strength the higher the cost and second your body needs to adjust to CBD use so taking to much or to strong a dose is a waste and can lead to headaches, nausea, diarrhea, dry mouth and drowsiness.
- How do I use CBD ? CBD is generally consumed by either
–Vaping, this is the most efficient and quickest CBD delivery system, with more of the original product entering the bloodstream than other methods, but can have short term effects. -Sublingual, drops under the tongue and held for up to 60-90 seconds if possible as this absorbs via the mouths membrane directly into the bloodstream thus avoiding loss in metabolism via the liver. This is also a fairly fast acting method and last longer in the system than vaping, main effects are normally felt for 4-6 Hrs. -Ingestion Capsules or edibles can be an effective way to use CBD but a lot is lost due to metabolism and it can be a lot slower for effects to be felt, however it does last longer in the system and the body can store cannabinoids in body fat to be released slowly over the day. -Topical Creams, lotions, and salves are typically made for local pain-relief and healing. These work only on the uppermost layer of cells, so cannabidiol does not enter the bloodstream.
- What is the difference between hemp oil and CBD oil ? CBD oil is the same as Hemp oil just another name for it. CBD is derived from Hemp. You have 3 main types of oil. – Hemp Seed Oil although it has health benefits it is made from the seeds of the plant only and contains no CBD. – Hemp Oil or CBD oil this is made from the stalks of Industrial Hemp Sativa plants that are bred to be high CBD low THC concentrations. – Cannabis Oil or RSO oil ( Rick Simpson oil named after the man who brought it into the main stream awareness) This is made from the flower or buds of the marijuana plants and can be sativa-Indica or a Hybrid of the two, this is what contains THC and gets you High.
- How long will it take to work ? This does depend on many factors, will vary from person to person and can differ depending on delivery method and your general health. As stated earlier vaping is fastest acting as is topical followed by sublingual then ingestion. For some people the effects can be felt almost straight off, while for others it can take a couple of weeks for effects to be noticeable. It is important to take your time with CBD and not rush to increase dosage. building up gradually leaving 4-5 days minimum between adjustments to feel full effects is the best option.
- How often should I take it and how long does it last ? When using drops CBD,s main effects are normally felt for around 4-6 hrs so we recomend 2-3 times a day. It is better to use little and often rather than large doses and as you start to get used to using CBD you can always take extra drops as and when you feel you need to, you can also miss dosages without problems, there are no set rules and it really is entirely up to your own preference. CBD stays in the body for 3-5 days depending on use.
- Will I fail a drug test with CBD ? Although rare it is not unheard of, normally a test wont look for cannabidoil but oils do contain traces of THC which can cause positive results. If you are using a quality oil from a reputable source at recommended dosages then you shouldn’t test positive, but caution is advised. As stated CBD can last for 3-5 days in the system and can be helped to flush out by drinking plenty of water.
- Can I give my Pet CBD ? Yes we have found CBD to be very beneficial to pets, all animals man or beast have an Endocannabinoid system. Dogs especially have a higher concentration of cannabinoid receptors so it is best to give them lower doses than you would take.
- What is the difference between % and MG ? Many companies use these to confuse people so is quite important to understand. The % is the strength of a liquid and the MG is the overall amount of CBD in the bottle. If a 10ml bottle contains 300mg then it is a 3% CBD oil, if it is a larger bottle like a 20 or 30 ml then 300mg will be 1.5% or 1%.
- Whats the difference between taking a 3%, 5% or 10% ?